Monday, June 2, 2014

Dear Eve,

Dear Eve,

I am a single child
No pets until I was twelve
Parents traveled to Europe a lot
I came along
Most people say traveling is good
‘cause you meet new people
but,
out of the thousand I met
three were children
all were boys
I met them
was friend with them once
and never met them again
when I came back home
everyone was friends
then I transferred
to a really really small school
everyone knew each other
but nobody knew me
three years
alone
finally someone new came
didn’t fit it
and ended up like me
not like me
just in the same situation as me
seventh grade
lots of fights
she couldn’t understand me
even though I understood her
eighth grade
boys began to bully
me
she started to hang out
with them
she had big tits and a big butt
they would try to see
if they could touch them
throw bits of stuff down her shirt
me
what they expected from me
to be naïve
to be stupid
to not know of sex
to not know about love
 to not know about relationships
 I was considered invalid
Not important
Whatever I said was answered with
“shut up!”
“No, you shut up!”
“I hate you!”
I hate you
I hate you
I hate you
I hate you
I hate you
Every day
Even if I didn’t say anything
My “friend” heard it everyday
Sometimes she tried to help
she made it worse
boy: “your so stupid, I hate you”
friend: “Stop! Even if she is you shouldn’t say that.”
see
I hate you
Shut up
Stupid
Lock down
Shut down
Don’t show emotion
don’t cry
don’t get angry
what is angry?
I don’t know how to be angry
At least not at them
I don’t know how to be excited
when I should be
Or be angry
when I should be
I’m just lonely
I want friends that understands
My serious humor,
my thoughts,
the fact that
I make a big mess of my words
and have to start over again
or the fact that I wear
old sweatpants
anime t-shirts
and forget to put on deodorant 
But there is no one like that right?
Wrong

I found my soul mate.

2 comments:

  1. OMG SO DEEP. Loving the stream of consciousness and all your poems are really unique. If someone asked me if these were written by a friend or someone professional, I would guess the latter.

    ReplyDelete