Monday, June 2, 2014

Me

Me

I am a rose compass
Complex, and intricate
Each eight points shows a different side of me

I wish I were a square
Blunt and assertive
Simple and easy to understand

I am a horse
Wise and proud yet shy and tense
Helpful to my rider, yet
Uncertain around many

I wish I were a tiger
Powerful and strong
Confident in a pack, a natural leader

I am a daisy
Honest and naive yet insecure
Reliant on the wind and sun to grow

I wish I were a sunflower
Which always stands up straight
Its face to the sun, confident and unafraid

I am the color gray
Conservative and secretive
Yet considerate to those around me
Wavering between two forces, white and black

I wish I were the color red
Powerful and unafraid
Dominant and confidant
No battle inside

I am a murmur
Quite and unnoticeable
Yet I’m still there
A subtle presence on your back

I wish I were a laughter
Noticeable to all
Able to centralize attention
And bring smiles to faces

I am fall
Manipulative and sneaky
Silently encroaching on your summer
And dampening the heat


I am a waver
Easygoing and cooperative
Ready to give up to the dominant side
Yet sensitive to what is wrong and right
Always battling inside

I wish I were a glide
Elegant and free
With no obstructions
Just clarity

I am a piano
Upright and mature
Yet forced upon by parent
To children that are too young to learn

I wish I were a saxophone
Popular and passionate
Glimmering in their golden notes

I am Santa Barbara
Whose people are creative,
Cheerful and friendly
Unafraid to party and express their love for art

I wish I were a Spanish courtyard
Relaxed, tranquil and sleepy
Filled with the heat of the sun
And a breeze from the sea.

I am the rain
Selfish, stubborn, dissatisfied
Unsure when I’ll fall
And never really happy

I wish I were a sunrise
Hopeful and heroic
A relief and assurance to all

I am a turtleneck
Reasonable and controlled
Covering up my weaknesses
And hiding my faults

I wish I were a sports bra
Athletic and unafraid
Confident in my mistakes





No comments:

Post a Comment